To Live & Die TodayPosted: January 15, 2016 | |
Profiles as with anything promotional are mostly the sum of past endeavours portrayed in a positive light; and the trend today sees those of many, who are considered to be of some distinction or other, rise or at least peak at the point of existential demise.
Perhaps that is to be expected since these are not the times of the Tahitians when the name of the powerful was considered taboo and not to be hailed until the panjandrum had died. Today, they will even pay so that you talk about nothing but they.
The predicament of this age however, is that glory as with legacy, is only posthumously attainable for as long as you live they will not excuse your shortcomings.
So to those who seek prestige – that which exists only by exclusive inaccessibility; or worse those who seek so-called pure artistic appreciation and all kinds of aesthetic variables – which tend to go beyond the fame and fortune often afforded the successful….
For those who wish to teach, be a little foolish and share but have wisdom enough to accept that even with many modes of communication, our species has not yet discovered how to reach another’s soul – if that is at all possible.
And worry not, since every possibility of thought, brought or sought, is not within the feasibility of exploit.
As for most of what you are taught or learn to desire, whether born of heredity or the peculiar print of your individuality, I say, make a conscious effort to ensure you don’t get caught up in the proliferation or pursuit of the mass projections which provide temporary delights but ultimately lead to vicarious displeasure and personal dissatisfaction.
But do, foremost, for the greatest good… finding virtue in gratitude so that you are able to secure what is sufficient for self, for if like I, you are a man of modest means, then surely your sustainability should be of greater importance than the association with the well to do and all that they approve.
© Heath Muchena, 2016
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)